This has nothing directly to do with art and craft, but I think there is certainly an art and certain craftiness to staying married for 18 years! I spent a lovely evening last night with my Darling Husband celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary. A lovely dinner at Elbow Room (Fitzroy St, St Kilda) and a night away from the kiddies - bliss!!
I have learnt that relationships are very much the result of hard work; creating a picture of a future together and then being able to build it. Something like my craft work:
- having an idea at the start
- sharing that idea (sometimes)
- being given the 'you're daft' look
- me ignoring look - but having a second thought about design
- continuing on with first idea
- deciding that I was daft and changing idea a bit (just a bit - don't want to give in completely)
- continuing to get unsolicited feedback (totally unaware that the initial sharing was it)
- continuing to ignore
- continuing to piece together fabric
- somewhere around now there is a heavy *sigh*
- getting towards the goal...
- and then we have it - 18 years of marriage!
I hope all of you working on your relationships with a little 'art and craft' have as much success as 'we' have had so far :)